Underground Garage Shelters
The safest place to be during a tornado is underground. Our underground garage shelters are unique because we install them in your garage and they don’t require extra square footage.
- Large (outside dimensions 40”x7’x54”tall)
- Extra Large (outside dimensions 64"x7’x5’tall)
Your vehicle can be parked normally over the shelter, still allowing you access whenever needed. Our installation process is dust free and will be completed in 3-4 hours! This space saving design allows you to stay out of inclement weather and harm’s way. Get all the details of our garage storm shelters below:
- Lifetime warranty.
- Only two piece lid on the market in which both lids open from the inside. The second lid can be used as an emergency exit.
- We include a 2 ton hand winch fior emergency exit.
- Our shelters come standard with four removable steel steps.
- Slightly raised edge to prevent water runoff from getting into shelter.
- Automatic locking door system.
- Removable hand rail.
- We use a diamond blade wet saw to cut the concrete so it is a dust free installation. Installation can be done in new or an existing home in 3-4 hours.
- We backfill around the shelters with 5” ready-mix concrete.
- We have a V-crimp in the sides of our shelters to add strength to the steel.
- Our shelters are welder inside and out and are dye penetrant leak tested inside and out.
- Our shelters are coated with coal tar epoxy to help prevent corrosion.
- We plant a magnesium anode under each shelter. This draws the electrolysis out of the soil that cause rust & it eats the bag instead of steel.
- Our shelters are manufactured with 10 gauge steel and the doors are 1/4" plate steel.
- They have been impacted tested at Texas Tech Wind & Science Institute.
- Our shelters meet and exceed FEMA standards.
- GPS located.
Our underground garage storm shelters are very convinient!
Ground Zero garage shelters are coated with coal tar epoxy to help prevent corrosion.
Ground Zero underground garage shelters are large enough to fit the whole family!
Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama
Iowa, Illinois, North Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana, South Carolina, Ohio, Indiana, and Virginia