Unfortunately, Mississippi has seen its share of tossed cars, fallen trees and destroyed homes. Several severe tornados in recent years have devastated areas like Tupelo, Hattiesburg and the Mississippi Delta. Take a look at some other facts about Mississippi tornados:
Tornado season takes place in late fall from October through December.
- There were 27 tornados in 2014.
- 2014 saw 11 fatalities and 126 tornado related injuries.
- There were 1,884 total reported tornados from 1950-2013.
- 2008 saw the most tornados at 109.
- There is an average of 41 tornados per year in Mississippi.
- The deadliest year for tornados was 1971 with 128 deaths and 1,494 injuries.
What are you waiting for? Check out our state-of-the-art underground shelters or safe rooms, then order your shelter today!