Tornados are mysterious entities, and we have compiled the following tornado facts to help you learn more.
- A tornado is only a tornado if it’s in contact with the ground. Otherwise, it’s a funnel.
- Tornados can be nearly invisible, marked only by swirling debris at the base of the funnel.
- Close to 1,000 tornados are reported every year in the United States.
- Most, but not all, tornados in the northern hemisphere spin counter-clockwise, or cyclonically.
- Leave the windows alone when a tornado is coming. It’s a myth that tornados causes houses to explode due to changes of air pressure.
- Tornados strike with incredible velocity. Wind speeds may approach 300 miles per hour.
- Oklahoma City has been hit by more tornados than any other city in the U.S. based on current tornado information.
Protect your family and order your tornado shelter today! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions – we are here for you!